To begin a catalog search first come up with a generic keyword or two related to your topic. Ex.Existentialism or Kierkegaard
You may choose what type of search you would like to use:
Keyword, Title, Author or Subject.
- Keyword searches check the entire record for the word(s) you searched
- Title searches only check the title for the word you search (best for when you know the exact title of the work you want to find)
- Use an author search when you want works by a particular person
- Use a subject search to find items about your chosen keyword. Subject searches may direct you to related terms and subheadings. Finding a particular subject heading will give you all the items contained in that particular subject heading.
- Use a person's name in a subject search to find materials about that person.
- Browse some of the subject headings related to philosophy listed below for relevant materials.
- Once you find an item you want to check out, write down the call number to find where the item is on the shelf.